Friday, July 16, 2010

Thinksound Rain Review: Wood sounds good!


I have just recently purchased a pair of earbuds called Thinksound Rain. The motive behind this product is getting great sound from an environmentally friendly set of earbuds. Did I mention that they're made of wood? I purchased the cherry-silver version shown above, but there is also a walnut-black version.
The picture above shows the Thinksound Rain earphones in walnut-black and the Thinksound TS01 earphones in cherry-silver. The Rain earphones are higher end and have 9 millimeter drivers, and the TS01s have more bass due to their 10 millimeter drivers. The Rains are better for music such as pop, light rock, jazz, etc., while the TS01s are for bass-heavy rock, Hip-hop, etc.
My take:
These earphones sound great, and anyone looking for amazing sound quality will be pleased. At first, the Rains sounded really bad, but I suspected it was the fault of my mp3s. Sure enough, when I listened to some OGG and FLAC files online, the earphones sounded amazing! I listened to some hip-hop, and I didn't notice any lack of bass. But, if you're one of those people who want's their teeth to rattle when listening to music, these are not for you. Since these earphones are made of wood, they look very classy and are lightweight. The silicone tips provide a decent amount of passive noise-cancellation, when you make sure to use the perfect size.
In the box:
The Rains come with a cotton pouch, a clip to attach the cord to your shirt, and four sets of differently sized silicone tips. Watch my unboxing video here. These are $100 on the Thinksound website, but sell for about $50 on Amazon.

The Verdict:
If you want a nice-sounding, affordable pair of earphones, definitely pick these up. Since these are made of wood, they have a rich sound and look really unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment